3.19.2012

ike and tina.

sunday, march 18:
  well, yesterday I didn't make it to church :( such a sad admission. but hopefully my conviction will get me to UBC this Sunday after my volleyball tournament? 
  I finally made it home after THREE hours of traffic... a beautiful thing traffic is... truly, words cannot express how I feel about traffic. however, I did make it home and unpacked all my shiz only to leave it lying around the floor for me to hopefully conquer throughout the week. chipotle alone was cute. but then Dinah came over and we chilled for a bit while screaming at the TV with all the last-second 3-point attempts going on last night. I give up on my bracket. actually, I gave up after my third loss in a row. it's weird to not be so competitive about this year with all these upsets occurring... maybe the Lord is softening my heart? (I'm being facetious)
  strange things are going on in my body (no, I am not becoming a man, for all two of you maybe reading this that might think that's a funny joke). last night I crawled into bed around 1 or so and just could not get to sleep. I don't know what was going on but I rolled around for what seemed like ages only to realize it was 2am. so I got up and unpacked some more and then read for awhile and then played with kitty then got back in bed. after another hour or so, I got back out of bed and cleaned my room some and folded clothes and laid on the couch. then after a final attempt at falling asleep, I arose once again and this time decided to continue transcribing Matthew - a sure winner to knock one out cold. not that it's terribly boring, but there is just so much effort involved in rewriting one of the Gospels! at last, at 5:30am I became the slightest bit sleepy and went to bed for the last time. unsurprisingly, I beat my alarm and sat straight up in bed at 7am ready to go - fantastic! so here I am, running on about 2 hours of sleep and have been super hyper all day. #winning


today, march 19:
  today has been rather productive actually. as much as I didn't really want to get back on the grind, internship was good and then class tonight has been cancelled! oh praise Him! however, it has been cancelled due to Hurricane Ike AND Tina headed our way. perhaps Megan and I will go storm chasing and make a home video?
  OH! in other more important news: THERE IS A 95% CHANCE I WILL BE GOING TO KENYA THIS SUMMER! I am beyond pumped and have been praying incessantly that the trip works out. why not? I'm young, I want to explore, I have the opportunity, Kenya is still there, and I don't have a job I'm tied down to yet so, let's go! man, if this all turns out, I will be one happy camper!! so, you lone reader, get on your knees.and.pray!
  DREAMLIFE




No comments:

Post a Comment