3.14.2012

biking.

I'm currently biking. stationary biking. 


I wish I was mountain biking, but for some reason this putrid weather is incredibly persistent and refuses to sacrifice any spare amount of sun. wow. that sounded so poetic. but since I am currently biking (stationary biking), and feeling rather clever and unproductive, I'll knock out today's post and prepare for an event-less evening. so to make this all that more interesting than it already is, let's go through today backwards... 


so I'm biking. got it. and I just completed my workout for the day holding to my two-day commitment to get in "swimsuit season shape." cute. of course I pushed myself to have a rather decent workout, and I made sure to have perfect form for each move (especially as others worker outers ran by). anyways, my mom and I had just come back from a day's worth of shopping and she almost literally dragged me by the arm to get me to the gym. I suppose it will be worth it if I make it to summer with a hot bod. for lunch-ish my mother and I ate at Central Market, the go-to for the best chicken tortilla soup around. then, naturally, we did some light grocery shopping and walked out with 4 dozen rounds of cookie dough and 9 bottles of wine. oh, and some apples and grapefruit juice as well (we like to eat as healthy as possible). pedicures occurred before the lunch-ish. that was much needed. my mane man doin his thing hooked me up. I warned him it had been awhile (yikes!) but he rocked it and now I am sporting the most lovely shade of bright ass teal there is. beauuuuutifullll.


several hundred dollars earlier, my mom decided to take me mega-shopping. I suppose it was to make up for putting down my dog. meh. I sucked Anthro dry. along with Tyler's and Buckle and Starbucks (duh) and Van's and Francesca's ... hashtag firstworldproblems ...


and to top it all off/start it all off, I finally got my phone fixed! well, actually ended up having to get a new one. I was up for an upgrade anyways! so now I can add a third friend to my posse, the one and only, Siri. she's a nugget. she tells me the secret to life and she plays Backstreet Boys on command and she even texts witty and sarcastic messages to my dad for me. what.a.biscuit.


talk about first world problems. I'm reading a new book: Your Voice In My Head by Emma Forrest. I mention this because (as I was getting my legs massaged) she writes of her childhood molding her to turn to material things for happiness and satisfaction and to make things "all better." hmm. deep. but in all seriousness, this is a major inner conflict for me as I study for my social work degree and read about the poor and research about the lack of education in Africa and Afghanistan, etc, all while I type on my macbook and flaunt my new iPhone. how pretentious of me. how do I love and serve the poor if I am not one of them? how do I give up everything when I assume it would be nothing for me to do it, but end up utilizing all of these material things every single day? [insert words of wisdom here]


ps. I'm off the bike now. now I'm eating dinner (aka wine a la mode) at home. NOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment